Sunday, November 01, 2009

Needs Ironing


As I stopped by the laundry room to check on some clothes in the dryer, my wife was already unloading them. She handed me a shirt, one I’ve taken to wearing for yard work, largely because it requires ironing. Since buying it, I’ve learned to purchase wash and wear shirts that are either wrinkle free or wrinkle resistant.

Looking at the wrinkled shirt, I pouted, “This one needs ironing.”

Quick as a wink, Barbara responded, “Let me put it back in and maybe it’ll come out ironed, next time.”

I hung the shirt temporarily over my bedpost and returned to the laundry room where she was still removing clothes from the dryer.

Tapping her on the shoulder and with only a hint of a grin I stated , “In this house…I’m the one who makes sarcastic remarks!”

“But, I learned it all from you!” she said.

Immediately, I was reminded of the scripture, “Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” Gal. 6:7

No comments: