Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Poor Communications

It was just one of those days, where it seems everything I saw was funny in one way or another. Driving to Indianola this morning, I stopped at an intersection where a new house is under construction on Hwy. 32 west of Bruce, MS. The ‘tin’ roof is in place, but the windows are not. What struck me as funny was the chimney sitting some distance away from the house.

I should have taken a picture right then and there, but I waited until returning home this afternoon, and the result may give you a better idea of why my car needs washing than what I though was an odd sighting.

If you think the Postal System’s a joke, or that most government workers are less than helpful, let alone necessary, then you’ll appreciate my thought. Otherwise, stop reading now, and go back to viewing news feeds on Facebook.

In my mind I saw two different government agencies directing the work on the house. One was in charge of the fireplace and chimney and the other was responsible for getting the house ‘in the dry.’ Apparently, they failed to communicate with each other. Hilarious? No, but I though it was humorous.

Were the picture clearer, you’d know the chimney is all that remains from an old home place, which partially explains why it’s standing near the new construction. But, unless it has sentimental value, I expect it will soon be taken down.

I have the feeling that should the Senate okay what will become a government-run Health Care System, I’ll be looking for lots more laughable sightings, and doing my darnedest to stay healthy.

No comments: